Careers – Medical Transcription Jobs
About the role
Medical transcriptionists listen to voice recordings that physicians and other healthcare workers make and convert them into written reports. Medical transcriptionists typically need postsecondary education. Prospective medical transcriptionists must have an understanding of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, grammar, and word-processing software.
- Listening to the recorded dictation of physicians and other healthcare professionals.
- Using specialized transcription equipment such as headsets and foot pedals.
- Editing and correcting medical dictation performed by speech recognition software.
- Converting transcribed diagnostic test results, procedures, and consultation notes into applicable report formats.
- Ensuring uncompromised patient care by transcribing fast and accurately, as well as performing thorough editing.
- Typing out the full forms of medical abbreviations and acronyms, as well as the formal versions of medical jargon.
- Identifying and following up on inconsistencies, errors, and missing information within a transcribed report.
- Submitting transcriptions to healthcare professionals for their approval in a timely manner.
- Performing additional tasks such as following up and revising patient history, as well as entering medical reports into electronic health records systems.
- Protecting patient confidentiality and adhering to legal requirements.
Medical Transcriptionist Requirements
- Post-secondary training in medical transcription.
- Certification as a healthcare documentation specialist would be advantageous.
- 2-3 years of experience as a medical transcriptionist, or similar.
- Ability to transcribe accurately and maintain a minimum typing speed of 65 words per minute.
- Experience with specialized transcription equipment and voice recognition software.
- In-depth knowledge of medical terminology and jargon, as well as editing practice.
- Keen attention to detail in order not to compromise patient care.
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality and meet legal requirements.
- Exceptional written communication skills and knowledge of medical record formats
Experience & Educational Credentials
- High school diploma or GED
- Proficiency with EHR, Microsoft Office and speech recognition software
- Ability to type 80 WPM
- Certification in medical transcription (CMT)
- Previous experience in hospital or other health care setting
Benefits (Only for Inhouse Employees)
- Provident Fund
- Night Incentives
- Health Insurance
- Vishwa offers a compelling and rewarding work environment
- Paid Leaves
“Testing is mandatory for this position”